Why February 10th Matters In Rock History
It’s February 10th and here are some reasons why this day matters in rock history:
- In 1978, Van Halen’s debut album Van Halen was released.
- In 1972, David Bowie performed in Tolworth, England, his first gig as his “Ziggy Stardust” persona.
- In 1977, The Clash started recording their debut album in London. The band wound up taking just three weekend sessions to finish up the entire record and did it all for a mere $6,500 U.S.
- In 1975, original Stooges bassist Dave Alexander died at age 28 from pneumonia. He was fired from the group in 1970 after showing up for a gig too drunk to perform.
- In 1997, Blur released their hit self-titled fifth album.
- In 1998, Axl Rose was charged with disorderly conduct after getting into an argument with a baggage handler at an Arizona airport.
- In 1979, Rod Stewart started a four-week run at No. 1 with “Da Ya Think I’m Sexy,” his third chart-topper. It was a good day for him because his album, Blondes Have More Fun, was also No. 1, where it stayed for three weeks.
- And in 2006, former Creed singer Scott Stapp married a former Miss New York 2004 in Miami. The joyous day wound up being even more memorable when Scott was arrested on suspicion of being drunk in a public place as he tried to board a plane to Hawaii.
And that’s what happened today in rock history.
Original article by Dave Basner at iHeartRadio
Shawn Hook stops by to tell us about his new song 'I Don't Wanna Dance' and tells us about how he deals with pressure and anxiety on tour, and how important talking about mental health should be.
Gord Sinclair tells us about being a Canadian Icon, new music, The Tragically Hip and love and loss.Gord Sinclair stops by to talk to us about The Tragically Hip being Canadian Icons, his new record Taxi Dancers (and its Hip influence), feeling the pressures of making solo music, band dynamics, songwriting and more!
Billy Talent sit down to tell us about how playing music is all they've ever known and all they've ever wanted, how they stay current and strive to release their best music every cycle, and how they established a fan base across Europe and the world!