Why November 5th Matters In Rock History
It’s November 5th and here are some reasons why this day matters in rock history:
- In 2010, Keith Richards had the No. 1 book on the New York Times Hardcover Nonfiction Bestseller List with his autobiography, Life.
- In 1995, Butch Vig, who produced Nirvana’s album Nevermind, made his live debut with his band, Garbage, when they performed at Minneapolis’ 7th Street Entry.
- In 1991, the posthumous Stevie Ray Vaughan album The Sky is Crying, featuring 10 previously unreleased tracks originally recorded in the ‘80s, came out.
- In 1970, Led Zeppelin put out their hit “Immigrant Song” as a single in America.
- In 1987, Bruce Springsteen topped the charts with Tunnel of Love, his fourth No. 1 album.
- In 1965, Decca Records released The Who’s single, “My Generation” in the U.K..
- And in 2012, with one day left before the presidential election, musicians like Pearl Jam’s Mike McCready, Lemmy Kilmister of Motorhead, Bruce Springsteen and Stevie Wonder urged fans to vote for Barack Obama.
And that’s what happened today in rock history.
Original article by Dave Basner at iHeartRadio
No other artist has defined the sound of the 2010s like Toronto's own Drake. From chart topping hits, to entrepreneurial endeavors, and a love for his hometown like no other, we look back at the one and only Drake's accomplishments this decade.
Maroon 5 have been an unstoppable force this decade! We look back on Maroon 5’s multiple award wins, chart topping hits, and iconic performances that have made them one of the standout acts of the last 10 years!
Few bands have broken on to the scene and made an impact in the 2010s like Imagine Dragons.
iHeartRadio looks back on some of Imagine Dragons' incredible achievements from 2010-2019, including their GRAMMY Awards Wins, their outstanding performances, and their commitment to giving back to the LGBTQ+ community.
From 'Born this Way' to 'A Star is Born' Lady Gaga has influenced the world of music like few others this decade. iHeartRadio looks back on some of Lady Gaga's incredible achievements from 2010-2019, including her OSCARS and GRAMMY Awards Wins, her legendary performances, and her chart-topping music.