Why November 2nd Matters In Rock History
It’s November 2nd and here are some reasons why this day matters in rock history:
- In 2007, Led Zeppelin’s eagerly awaited reunion concert set for Nov. 26 in London was postponed for two weeks after guitarist Jimmy Page broke a finger.
- In 1974, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young went to No. 1 on the album chart with So Far, the group’s third No. 1.
- In 1981, Hall & Oates had the No. 1 song in the country with “Private Eyes.”
- In 1999, the Foo Fighters released their third album, There is Nothing Left to Lose, their first record to feature drummer Taylor Hawkins.
- In 2001, the big winners at the Billboard Music Awards were Gorillaz for “Clint Eastwood” and Fatboy Slim for “Weapon of Choice,” both of which won three trophies.
- And in 2006, at the MTV Europe Music Awards, the Red Hot Chili Peppers took home the trophy for Best Album for Stadium Arcadium, Gnarls Barkley won for Best Song for “Crazy,” The Killers were named Best Rock Act and Muse won for Best Alternative Act.
And that’s what happened today in rock history.
Original article by Dave Basner at iHeartRadio
No other artist has defined the sound of the 2010s like Toronto's own Drake. From chart topping hits, to entrepreneurial endeavors, and a love for his hometown like no other, we look back at the one and only Drake's accomplishments this decade.
Maroon 5 have been an unstoppable force this decade! We look back on Maroon 5’s multiple award wins, chart topping hits, and iconic performances that have made them one of the standout acts of the last 10 years!
Few bands have broken on to the scene and made an impact in the 2010s like Imagine Dragons.
iHeartRadio looks back on some of Imagine Dragons' incredible achievements from 2010-2019, including their GRAMMY Awards Wins, their outstanding performances, and their commitment to giving back to the LGBTQ+ community.
From 'Born this Way' to 'A Star is Born' Lady Gaga has influenced the world of music like few others this decade. iHeartRadio looks back on some of Lady Gaga's incredible achievements from 2010-2019, including her OSCARS and GRAMMY Awards Wins, her legendary performances, and her chart-topping music.